The Toxic Truth about Your Skin

Posted by on Jun 24, 2013 in Blog

Did you know that your skin is the largest organ in your body? It protects you against disease, regulates your temperature, is sensitive to touch to help you avoid pain, is flexible, strong, and regenerates and repairs itself. However, your skin cannot protect you against everything it comes into contact with, like fire, poison oak, and toxic chemicals. The good thing is that, most of the time, we can protect ourselves against fire and poison oak because we can see them. Not so much with toxic chemicals. What do I mean?

Being the largest organ, your body absorbs everything you put on it. So you should not put anything toxic on your skin. In fact, to be safe, don’t put anything on your skin that you would not eat!!

Some of the toxic chemicals commonly found in skincare products are: artificial fragrances, artificial colors, formaldehyde, phenol, trichlorethane, BHT/BHA, EDTA, Glycols, Parabens, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Nitrates, and Nitrosamines. These are toxic to your skin; therefore, they are toxic to your entire body. They are not natural ingredients.

Do you ever wonder why you always seem to break out at the most inopportune time? Our skin is heavily affected by everything around us, not just our physical environment, but by what we eat, drink, and even think!

Just drinking a lot of water, or slathering on face cream is not going to solve the problem. Typically your liver and kidneys filter waste out of your body, but if they are overloaded by toxins, then the waste goes into your bloodstream and your skin breaks out with rashes, pimples, zits, blisters, or spots.  If you want beautiful skin, then you must have pure blood.

Eighty percent of all fragrances in perfumes, shampoos, soaps, lotions, shaving creams, and household cleaners are neurotoxic and carcinogenic. Tests show that the five main ingredients in sunscreens cause cancer. The more you use, the higher your chances of getting skin cancer. It is not the sun that causes cancer, it is the toxins in the sunscreens that bake into your body.

There is one sunscreen that I use that does not have these dangerous ingredients. In fact, Environmental Working Group (EWG.org) evaluated it as being #1 for being non-toxic, so it is one of the safest on the market. It is called Releve Organic Sun-lite Sunscreen by Emerald Essentials. It is completely food-based and natural. No dangerous chemicals or preservatives. And it is relatively inexpensive.  Remember to always check your labels. If you can’t pronounce the ingredient, or don’t know what it is, you should put it down and look elsewhere.

To Order Emerald Essentials Top Rated Releve Organic Sun-lite Sunscreen,

Please click here: https://livehealthynow.emeraldessentials.com/app/individual_config.php?product_id=31


468 ad